09 April 2010

Kangaroo paws

Just finished planting out kangaroo paws (Anigozanthos) along the top edge of the in-ground water tank - a good spot in full sun which is neither too wet nor too dry.


The two plants in the middle of the photo are Bush Pizzazz (deep magenta flowers) and the plant on the right is Bush Elegance (deep burgundy flowers on a plant that should be slightly smaller in overall size when mature). I also planted a fourth Bush Elegance across the rocky path, just out of view off the top right-hand corner of the photo. The last of this season's sage plants along the edge of the water tank are just about finished, but the compost I put into the holes for the kangaroo paw may give the sage one last flourish.

No comments:

About me

My photo
Journalist, editor, teacher, publishing manager, education consultant….but that’s all in the past. Even further back, I could add waitress, Five-and-Dime salesgirl and my favourite title: Girl Friday! All mixed in with wife, mother, caregiver and grandmother. But nowadays, based on time spent: gardener, cook, reader, writer and whatever!